Sports Therapy & Rehabilitation Sessions with ExtraFit
Some clients may just want a routine remedial or deep tissue massage to counter the demands of their work, daily activities or training program. Others may require a fuller assessment to investigate the cause of pain and injury, soft tissue work may follow, and appropriate exercise program prescription is vital to aid recovery and improvement. In very rare cases, onward referral to a leading sports physiotherapist may be required to ensure the best possible advice and care.
What is a Sports Therapist?
A Sports Therapist works with the athlete to both prevent and rehabilitate from injury, aid recovery, stress relief and relaxation as well promote soft tissue strength and flexibility.
Sports Therapist is a distinct occupational title that applies to a clearly defined scope of practice. A Sports Therapist is an allied health/exercise professional who has the knowledge, skills and ability to:
- Utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise performance, preparation and injury prevention programmes.
- Provide the immediate care of injuries and basic life support in a recreational, training, occupational & competitive environment.
- Assess, treat, rehabilitate and, where and if appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention.
- Provide appropriate soft tissue interventions in a sport & exercise context.
- Plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation and return to training/work programmes.
EXTRAFIT SPORTS THERAPY SESSIONS
Initial sessions are always 60mins and follow up sessions can be 60 or 45minutes at the discretion of the client.
Sessions are conducted at the Extrafit Health & Performance Clinic but are also available at the clients home or workplace.
At the Clinic, a shower room with complimentary towels is provided for clients to freshen up before or after treatment.
With 20 years of experience of working with endurance athletes, we specialise in rehabilitating the whole array of lower limb injuries including achilles/hamstring tendinopathy, acute sprains and strains, runners knee, plantar fasciitis, the adult hip and gluteal issues.
Our goal is to work with athletes and sports people to advise on the best possible therapies and strategies to maximise health and performance improvement.